Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy
At Goodman Fielder we recognise and respect your privacy. We are committed to protecting the personal information we may collect from time to time.
Goodman Fielder Pty Limited and its related companies are bound by privacy laws in Australia and New Zealand, including:
- the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Australian Privacy Act;
- the New Zealand Privacy Act and the New Zealand Information Privacy Principles; and
- the credit reporting provisions of the Privacy Act and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code (collectively the ‘Privacy Laws’).
This policy sets out how Goodman Fielder Pty Limited and its related companies manage personal information held by it, including how we collect, disclose and use personal information. You will also find information about how to contact us if you have any questions about privacy issues including how to update or access your personal information or make a complaint.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
What information is covered by this policy?
This policy sets out how we manage your ‘personal information’ which is generally any information or opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. ‘Personal information’ and ‘sensitive information’ are as defined under the applicable Privacy Laws. Some parts also cover ‘credit related information’.
Any personal information we collect about you will be dealt with in accordance with this policy, unless we tell you that it will be dealt with in a more limited way on a particular form or website.
Providing your personal information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
We only collect information that we consider necessary for our business activities and based on our relationship with you. The kinds of personal information collected by Goodman Fielder include:
- Enquires or feedback: information you give us including your name, contact details (such as phone, email or address), enquiry details, opinion of our products and records of your communications with us, including through our Consumer Advisory Centre.
- Competitions and surveys: information you give us when you enter a competition or promotion, or take part in one of our surveys.
- Supply: information you give us if you supply a product or service to us, or we supply product or services to you, including any personal information collected in connection with any sales returns, stock adjustments or orders made in error.
- Credit: information necessary for us to process applications for credit including any personal guarantees, payment information and account login information.
- Websites: usage information such as the way you use or navigate our websites may be recorded so that we can improve our communications with you online, in addition to technical computer information.
- Social media: any information which you allow to be shared with us that is part of your public profile on a third party social network, or information you create and share with us by posting it to one of our social networks.
- Recruitment and contractors: information you give us if you apply for a job with us. For recruiting purposes and/or if we engage you as a contractor or delivery driver, it may be necessary for us to request sensitive information from you. Examples of the types of sensitive information which may be collected from you for these purposes includes your membership of professional associations and police clearances or criminal record information.
- Third parties: generally speaking, we only collect personal information directly from you and our interactions with you in our business. We may obtain information from third parties, for example, businesses we acquire, businesses we partner with for promotional purposes or third party institutions during consumer credit applications.
If we have extended a credit facility to you, we will also collect information internally about your payment performance. We may also collect personal information about you from publicly available sources, or in some cases, from credit reporting agencies that we deal with.
If you, or a company of which you are the director, apply to us for credit, we may obtain a credit report about you from a credit reporting body. We may also obtain a credit report about you (when the Privacy Laws permit us to do so) if you have guaranteed, or have offered to guarantee, an application for a credit facility for a company or someone else.
When we request a credit report from a credit reporting body, we will provide information to the credit reporting body that identifies you, and we may give them information about the type and amount of credit applied for or provided to you (or your company)
How do we store your information?
We hold personal information and credit information in:
- Computer systems;
- Electronic databases;
- Digital archives;
- Telephone recordings; and
- Hard copy or paper files.
Our storage mechanisms may be managed in a number of ways. These may be managed or administered internally by Goodman Fielder and may be held locally in Australia or New Zealand, or, they could be managed by a third party storage provider with whom Goodman Fielder has a contractual relationship and be either managed locally or overseas.
How do we protect your information?
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- Limiting physical access to our premises;
- Limiting access to the information we collect about you (for instance, only those of our personnel who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access);
- Requiring any third party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal information secure;
- Putting in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards; and
Destroying or de-identifying personal information pursuant to the law and our record retention policies where relevant.
Use and Disclosure
We may use and disclose your personal information and credit information for the following purposes:
- Verification: We may use and disclose personal information to verify your identity when engaging with us;
- Offers: We may use personal information to inform you about other products and services offered by us which we consider may be of interest to you;
- Market research: We may disclose personal information to market research companies for the purpose of analysing Goodman Fielder’s customer base and for product development and planning;
- Marketing: We may use and disclose personal information for any marketing, promotional, publicity or direct marketing that we or others may undertake. However, we will not do this by email or text (except as part of an email which facilitates, completes or confirms a transaction with you, or provides updates regarding the products and services we provide) unless we have your consent. These emails and texts will always include an “unsubscribe” facility (or further details on how to unsubscribe – see “Opting In and Opting Out” below);
- Legal requirements: We may disclose personal information to legal and accounting firms, auditors, contractors, consultants and other advisors for the purpose of administering, and advising on, our business and for associated actions, including third parties in some circumstances or mergers or acquisitions of our business;
- Customers and third parties: if you are an employee, contractor or have been engaged by us to provide services to our customers or third parties, and if you have provided us with sensitive information, we may be required to disclose this sensitive personal information where it is required by law or directly relevant to the provision of services. For example, where you are involved in our provision of services in the Australian aged care industry, we may be required to provide details of your criminal record where required by our aged care industry customers in Australia;
- Credit reporting: If you apply for credit we will collect from your personal information and disclose your personal information (and other information you provide in connection with your credit application) to other credit providers, trade referees and credit rating service providers;
- Partners and joint promotions: We occasionally run promotions, competitions and surveys with other companies and, as part of your entry into those promotions, may share that information with that other company;
Other: We may use and disclose personal information for any other use associated with such purposes or for which you have given permission.
Do we disclose your personal information overseas?
Goodman Fielder is a leading food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific.
We may disclose your personal information overseas for the purposes described above. This may include transferring your information to our related companies, agents, business partners and service providers located outside Australia and New Zealand, including in Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, Malaysia, China, India, Philippines Indonesia, New Caledonia, France and the US.
We will ensure that any overseas transfer of personal and credit information are in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 or other applicable laws. We will also take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipients of personal information have appropriate safeguards to ensure the integrity and security of that information.
What about links to other websites?
Opting In and Opting Out
We are committed to full compliance with the Australian Spam Act and the New Zealand Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act.
You will have the option to subscribe to certain promotional and marketing email and/or text communications. By subscribing to our email and/or text communications, or otherwise providing us with your email address and/or mobile number, you consent to receiving emails and/or texts (as the case may be) which promote and market our products and services, or the products and services of others, from time to time.
You can opt out of those communications at any stage by utilizing the corresponding “unsubscribe” or “opt out” facility. Once you have unsubscribed from our email or text communications, we will remove you from the corresponding marketing list as soon as is reasonably practicable.
How do you access your personal information and update it?
You can ask us for access to the personal information we hold about you. You can also ask us to update or change any personal information we hold about you, if that information is wrong, missing parts or out of date.
You can also ask us to delete your personal information, which we will do unless we are legally required or otherwise permitted to continue storing your information.
It’s easy – just email our Consumer Advisory Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words ‘ATT: THE PRIVACY OFFICER’ or call us on 1800 638 112 (free call from Australia) or 0800 100 538 (free call from New Zealand).
We will respond as quickly as possible. Please note that we may need additional time to respond to requests for large amounts of information.
How do you make a complaint?
We take your concerns seriously. If you have any concerns about privacy or the use or collection of your personal information by Goodman Fielder please email our Consumer Advisory Centre at email@example.com and include the words ‘ATT: THE PRIVACY OFFICER’ or call us on 1800 638 112 (free call from Australia) or 0800 100 538 (free call from New Zealand).
We will respond as quickly as possible and handle all complaints in a way that is fair and consistent. If you are not satisfied with our response, you can make a formal complaint with the relevant privacy regulator:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Phone: 1300 363 992
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Mail: GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
Complaints may be made:
Phone: 0800 803 909
Fax: +64 (4) 474 7595
Mail: Office of the Privacy Commissioner, PO Box 10094, Wellington 6143
It may become necessary for us to update the terms of this policy. Any changes will be updated on our website. Your continuing relationship with us following any updates constitutes acceptance of this policy as amended. We recommend that you check back from time to time to make sure you are aware of any updates.